Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Pop Culture League: Gee, Thanks or "Time to Say Goodbye To Toys"


This week's "Pop Culture League" from the COOL & COLLECTED Blog is entitled "GEE, THANKS" and subtitle is "It's the season to be thankful"

When I saw this particular topic I instantly thought of a song because it is how I am feeling about my life at this point and this particular part of my blog.


Shirley Bassey's "This Is My Life"

In this song she sings the line about how she often thinks about how much of a mess she has made of her life, but then she states how she should count the things that she is grateful in this life. I think sometimes we get caught up in the drama of life and forget that we still have so much to be thankful for. I know that I have a lot to be thankful for and these are just a few of those things:

- I am thankful for the fact that I am finding a voice that I felt that I wasn't allowed to have because of my past history. I am grateful that I was given permission to discuss things that happened to me, though I avoid it so often, from my immediate important family. I know that this is healing in many ways. I am glad that I also have that choice not to discuss these things when I do not want to discuss them. It is great that I am finding the means to just allow myself to talk about whatever the hell I want to without worrying about someone will chastise me or hurt me as a result of it. 

- I am thankful for the fact that I have a partner, that while makes me angry at times, that I can tell wants to build a future together. Someone that wants to not be the sum of their past, but be better than that. I can see a bright future if we continue down the road we are going.

- I am thankful for friends, especially my friend Alexis. She has supported me, and vice versa, through some of the darkest moments of my life. I will continue to support her in all that she does (collectorsuniverse.blogspot.com) and she will continue to support me no matter what direction I take,as long as it is perfectly legal ;-) hehe. Friends have kept me alive, especially those on Facebook. There are people on there that I never thought would give a damn about where I was or what I was dealing with, but many have proven that my thought about them was misguided. I appreciate every single one of you deeply. Thank you for being in my life.



- I am thankful for the fact that I have such a deep appreciation for the world of books. I love that they can transport me to another world. Far away from the world that I am currently in. They are magical. 

- I am thankful that I have been able to pursue my education, which I start the next chapter of that leg in January when I start my Masters of Social Work at Indiana University. I know that I am going to do wonderful things and help numerous people have the best future that they can have. I look forward to that so much!

- I am finally thankful for the fact that I had been able to participate in the "Pop Culture League" up to this point. As I said at the beginning of the post it was great that this was the topic for this week because it allows me to say one final thank you to those that came from "Pop Culture League" to my blog. As I announced yesterday this will be my last league challenge. I'm refocused in a positive direction for where I want to go with this blog. I do not want to have a constant feeling of something is wrong, so I am changing in the direction that I need to go. I thank you for being part of the journey thus far. I hope you will continue to visit from time to time even after I am changed from the toy focus to where I feel I should be with books, life, community, and ranting. 

 I will keep looking towards the future and I will keep learning to count the things that I am thankful for because THIS IS MY LIFE!!


You can find me on Goodreads at
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/59000535-cassandra-winters

You can also check out these great postings for this league challenge as well:

Collectors' Universe- collectorsuniverse.blogspot.com - discusses numerous things that she is thankful in her life, including ME!!

Green Plastic Squirt Gun- greenplasticsquirtgun.blogspot.com/ - Love the scary and is thankful for MUMMYS!

The Toy Box- http://thetoybox1138.blogspot.com/ - Is thankful for those that he has shared the league with to date!

20 years before 2000 - http://20yearsb42000.blogspot.com/ - Writes a poem that shows the things that they are thankful for this Thanksgiving, which one is THE GOLDEN GIRLS!! *I love that show*

Mr Smiths Plastic Bubble - http://primordialbadgersmediahoard.blogspot.com/ - Is thankful for BIRDS! No seriously, he owns birds. There is also more so go check it out!

Thank you for coming to the library... I hope you check me out again soon!

7 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are starting to do things to make you happy. Changing the library is a good choice. Also though it will be sad to not see a Pop culture Legue post anymore from you, after talking to you on the phone and in person, I do believe this is the right direction for you. After all as you said "This is your life." You need to make this blog about what YOU
    love, otherwise their won't be a blog for much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for birds, but birds own me. it's not the other way around I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pop hits spring into my head when you say this is your last league challenge;

    I Never Can Say Goodbye
    Don't Dream It's Over
    Please Don't Go Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodbye by the spice girls entered my head at one point, if you never heard it it fits greatly.

      Delete
  4. I feel I need to point out ( because I would hate to see you go) that the league is for everybody not just toy blogger. We have writers , illustrators ,movie prop collectors ,just really all types and I feel like your passion for books brings something to our group! You can make the topic your anyway you feel , thats the great thing about the league. I dont want to make it feel like I trying to force you or anything but I just felt like I should say it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you pay attention to almost 100% of the postings are toy related. That is the focus of them. It is cause all of the bloggers have some connection to that particular aspect of the blogging community. I feel like there are other outlets for this blog that are book related. I should be participating in those communities and less in that particular one. I appreciate that you are wishing I wouldn't leave though. It was a personal decision and not an easy one to come to, but it is the right one for me.

      Delete