Thursday, July 20, 2017

Gurl! Finish it! For The Week of 7/20/2107


Every Thursday I share what I am reading and watching. This is just a nice little feature for myself partially to have a record of stuff I have started, finished, read, watched, and all that business. I will also include a little bit of why I am reading it or watching that particular thing. Also it will help keep ME on track because I stop reading or watching stuff way too much, so this will help me hold tight to sticking with one darn thing. Anyone reading this also can hold me accountable on what I have been reading and if never moves to "Last Finished" or "Recently Finished" you can be like GURL!!! FINISH IT.

LAST FINISHED READING: 

Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Manga)
You Can Read My Review Here

I basically didn't get any further in my reading goals this last week because I have focused so heavily on making sure I get blog posts made, had a lot for school (Masters of Social Work program), and I am also volunteering this week. This has made my reading schedule almost non-existent. I am hoping later this week though I can get into reading some more of the current reads.

CURRENTLY READING: 

I am currently reading still "Between The World and Me" by Ta-Nehisi Coates and have not really progressed with it. I think this is because I am finding myself so inundated with academic types of books that I am having to rethink my focus. I may have to change to not doing the topic reads until I am removed from the academic community slightly or just figure out how I can balance between the two. It may be that I have to go to one "diverse conversation" read a month, but this is why I wanted to practice this before officially starting it on my blog. Much of my time is becoming occupied with the schoolwork that I have to do, which does not always give me the time to focus on things I want to do. That is why I have been forcing myself to do my blog this week so I have a bit of happiness in my life. This being said, I want to continue reading Coates book because it is only about 152 pages. I am only on page 11 of it though at this time. 

I am also reading from NetGalley "Pathfinder: Worldscape Volume 2." I selected this because my partner for awhile was interested in Pathfinder and used to play it with a group of friends. The issue appears to be though that this incorporates characters from many of the properties that Dynamite has licensed. As a result, I have been feeling a little lost on who is who and what they are doing within this particular realm. I am still, however, going through it and plan on finishing it for my next weeks "Comic Book Wednesday" review. 


Still not finished from other Gurl! Finish Its: The Witching Hour by Anne Rice and Bearing An Hourglass by Piers Anthony. 


LAST FINISHED WATCHING and CURRENTLY WATCHING:

This week has been a weird week for me. I have not really been watching anything, for the most part. This is because of the above issues with school that I discussed and the volunteering that I have been doing. When I am watching something I am watching episodes of "The World According to Gumball" and "We Bare Bears" that I have previously watched. I am caught up on what they have on Hulu for these shows, so it has been mainly mindless viewing of these programs during a rather hectic week. After this week things are a little less hectic with school and I should be able to return to some pleasure viewing. I am hoping to actually get further, like every week so far, in "The Handmaid's Tale." This is going to have to be my priority when I am able to return to watching next week. Next week if I mention I have not progressed further in the series someone needs to yell at me and remind me that I love the book and the two episodes that I watched were actually good. No more excuses! No more life getting in the way. Just watch the darn things already. I have to say to myself if I don't progress further in this show then I need to shout at myself my own phrase "Girl! Finish It!"

No comments:

Post a Comment