Thursday, July 20, 2017

FIRST READ-A-THON: Make Me Read It Read-a-thon (VOTE IN THE POLL PLEASE)



So a popular thing to take part of in the book blogging or video community is a "read-a-thon" and to date I have never participated in one. All that changes now! Ely of "Tea & Time" and Val of "The Innocent Smiley" are hosting the "Make Me Read It read-a-thon" and I have decided that this will be my first one that I join in.

What is #MakeMeRead?

"Look at the books you own, either physical, e-book or ones you’ve borrowed from the library and pick out a few you really want to read, or feel like you should read. It’s up to you how many you pick, personally I’d pick a few more than you expect to be able to read in a week. Example: if you think you’ll only read two, pick out five books or if you think you can read seven, pick out ten.

Make a list of these books on your blog, or make a video, or a Goodreads shelf or post a picture on Instagram—whatever is easiest for you. Then get friends, other bloggers/booktubers/bookstagrammers etc. to vote on which books you HAVE to read.

When the readathon comes along, you read the books in the order of most votes. For example, if one book gets 10 votes—you read that first, then the one that got 7 and so on. If there’s a tie, then it’s your preference. The goal is to read as many as possible."

When is it?

This year the read-a-thon will be running from August 6th through to August 13th. You can start reading as soon as it hits 12am in your timezone, or whenever you’d like.

My Poll:

I have chosen 8 books, since I tend to be a slow reader and know that I won't get through this many of these books. I wanted to also give you some options to chose from for me to read. These are all books that I have had on my shelf and that I really want to read, so don't worry about if I don't want to read them or not. Just vote and let me know what you think I should read first and then I will continue going down the list during the read-a-thon until I read however many I get around to reading!

Here is the poll:



22 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your first readathon :D I've participated in quite a few and they're always so much fun! I voted for Alice in Wonderland because it's one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am going to enjoy it. I am super excited for it. Probably more than I should be lol Alice was put on the list by my partner who was a bit incredulous about the fact I never read it.

      Delete
  2. I hope you have a LOT of fun in your first readathon! It's an exciting thing. :) I ended up picking The Hate U Give because that's a book that I really loved when I read it. Good luck with your TBR!

    ~ Aimal @ Bookshelves & Paperbacks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found out recently that Angie Thomas is going to be a visiting professor at my local university, which made me more excited to read this book. Is it August 6 yet? Can't wait for this to begin.

      Delete
  3. I voted for Flowers for Algernon because I loved it - it's so sad, but beautiful


    Thanks for stopping by and voting on mine!

    Marissa
    Reading List

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember reading an excerpt when I was in middle school, but always thought I should read the entire book. You are welcome, I look forward to seeing what we end up reading for this!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of these but I picked The Hate U Give because I've heard so many good things and I'm excited to read it myself! ;-) Hope you enjoy!
    -Amy @ bursingwithbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard good things about it as well. Thanks for voting and can't wait to see how this read-a-thon turns out for all of us!

      Delete
    2. Yay, absolutely! Me too! ;-)

      Delete
  5. Great List. I chose Queen of Hearts because i hear such great things about it.

    Bemused Bookworm
    http://www.bemusedbookworm.com/makemeread-it-readathon-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Secretly, it is probably the one next to "The Hate U Give" that I am most excited to finally read on this list!

      Delete
  6. I voted for The Hate U Give! Enjoy your first readathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I am going to enjoy it a lot!

      Delete
  7. I picked The Hate U Give because I am loving the audiobook so far. Good luck with your readathon!

    Lauren @ SERIESous Book Reviews' | Make Me Read Poll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am looking forward to reading that during the read-a-thon because I am pretty sure it is the first book I am going to have to read during it! :)

      Delete
  8. I voted for The Jungle by Upton Sinclair! It's a book that's been on my TBR for a while, so I hope you love it. :) Here is my poll. Good luck with the readathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for voting! Went to yours and voted as well.

      Delete
  9. I had to vote for The Hate You Give. It's on my TBR, but I honestly had a hard time deciding.I loved Flowers for Algernon, but it's sooo sad and just thinking about The Jungle makes me want to become a vegetarian and go down to my local butcher shop and hug a butcher. It's very well written and sparked needed changes in the industry. But I think it's heavy summer read. Whatever, is chosen for you I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

    Please feel free to vote on the book(s) you'd have me read. Thanks in advance.
    Erica @ The Broken Spine: What Should I Read Next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for voting. I went to yours and voted as well! It looks like "The Hate U Give" will be the first book I read for sure, but all of these books were chosen because I wanted a wide range. "The Jungle" was put there because my partner works in the food industry, so it is a bit of an important book overall for that field, so he has asked me to read it numerous times.

      Delete
  10. Thanks for voting for my poll!
    I voted for The Hate U Give, that's one of the books I really want to read this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for voting! :) That is the book that I am most excited to start for this readathon!

      Delete
  11. Thanks for voting on my poll! I voted for The Hate U Give because I recently read that and loved it!

    ReplyDelete