Sunday, December 4, 2016

Christmastime at the Library!! or "Happy whatever holiday you celebrate at this time of the year from me, Cassie!"



The month of Christmas is now upon us! We are celebrating the holiday season with watching, reading, devouring all things Christmas. Yes, every single post this month will have some type of December theme: Snow, Christmas, Angels, and even a little romance perhaps. 

There are four books that I, Cassie, am working on reading for this month for review that I definitely want to read. They are:

1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss (Can you believe I have never read the actual book?)
2. The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus by L. Frank Baum (one of my favorite authors ever)
3. Christmas with Anne of Green Gables and other stories by L. M. Montgomery (Always up for a visit with Anne!)
4. A Christmas Carol and other stories by Charles Dickens (Another one I never read before, so definitely want to this month)

These are my mandatory reads for this month, but I have a plethora of other books on my pile to be read as well that you will just have to check back at the library to see. During this month I also have media reviews (which remember this is my last month of these as the blog will revert to books only in January). My goal is to fill up every single day between now and the day of Christmas with reviews of things that are Christmas or Winter in nature. 

Some media reviews I know that I am going to be doing are:

1. The Snowman (1982)
2. Mrs. Santa Claus (1996)
3. A Very Minty Christmas (2005)

I will also be trying to find and watch movies related to the mandatory reads as well, since I know that the Grinch has two films, The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus has a special and a film, and A Christmas Carol has multiple of almost everything! During the day that the book is reviewed I will be posting at least one review later on in the day. The only exception being the L. M. Montgomery book, unless I find out that "Tales of Avonlea" (i.e. Road to Avonlea) has a Christmas special in it. Then I may review that special/episode that same day. 

I have numerous items checked out from the local library as well to help set the tone of the month. While I do not normally review music, I may even sneak a few classic songs on the schedule somewhere as well. The priority though will be books and other media though. 

You can find me on Goodreads at

No comments:

Post a Comment