Monday, November 28, 2016

Cassie Reads A Classic: "Winnie-The-Pooh" by A.A. Milne or "You mean DISNEY didn't create these characters?"

Winnie-The-Pooh
by A.A. Milne



Recently, I was purchasing books with my partner when we stumbled upon this book. He asked me if I had ever read it and I admitted to the fact that I had never had the opportunity. He said that he thought I would enjoy it, so we purchased it that very day. 

The book is a short story collection, in my opinion, even if it is appears to be broken up by chapters. Each chapter is a complete story and you become aware early on that the narrator is someone that is reading to Christopher Robin, one of the main characters. If you remember the Disney movie that first had Pooh appear you will be able to know the vast majority of these particular stories, as they stayed very true to the original source material. Normally Disney changes a lot, but this is not the case with the Pooh film. 

I rather enjoyed this short story collection. The minor differences from the film were that one or more characters did not help out in the same manners that they did in the film. The other difference was that this book does not contain the character of TIGGER at all. That made this more enjoyable to me because I feel that this particular character has become over utilized when it comes to this particular franchise. I enjoy the other characters, like eeyore, rabbit, and owl much more. Eeyore will always be my favorite character and seeing here his story about his missing tail was thoroughly enjoyable. I also enjoyed the fact that it felt that Piglet served as a more prominent cast member as well. While he is in many of the moments of the film it felt that he was actually a main character here in the book. 

The overall feel of the book is pretty upbeat and positive, even when the characters are faced with horrendous events (such as the endless rain). The book keeps a positive attitude about itself and as a result is a great book for those of a younger age. I would feel that this is appropriate for children to read, so parents do not worry about any of those issues here. This book will not contain anything too overly troublesome, unless you are bothered by talking animals or them saying "bother" for some in-explicit reason.  

I would write more about this book, but this is one of the few books that I am actually feeling like I am burning off from the old style of the blog, even though it does fit the primary theme of reading books that I never had the opportunity to read. I feel like starting in December and on I am doing what I truly want to do with the blog, so that is why this feels like a more rushed blog posting. I honestly cannot wait until December and the start of January when I feel like I am doing my own thing. This was a previously scheduled review, which is also part of the issue. I feel like I have more direction, more desire to pay attention to what is happening in a book, and more fun to be had while doing this blog, so even though this is not as in-depth as it could be do not give up. They will keep getting better, I promise!

Who I Would Recommend This Book To: Fans of Pooh, Children, Short Story Readers.
Who I Would NOT Recommend This Book To: Adults, Haters of Pooh, Those Looking For a Longer Read, and People That Do not Like Feel Good Stories. 

You can find me on Goodreads at
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/59000535-cassandra-winters

You can also check out these great blogs:

Collectors' Universe- collectorsuniverse.blogspot.com
Green Plastic Squirt Gun- greenplasticsquirtgun.blogspot.com/

Thank you for coming to the library... I hope you check me out again soon!

4 comments:

  1. Iv never read this one but have read The Tao of Pooh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I own "The Tao of Pooh" as well. I read it originally as an ebook, but I saw it on sale at a bookstore a few months back and bought it to read in actual printed form. It is a good book.

      Delete
  2. Interesting post Cassie. Looking forward to December. I to have never read the books and am fascinated by the fact that Tigger is M.I.A. in that book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was interesting to see that he was M.I.A. I am interested in seeing if he was in the books and if so where he actually came into them at. This means at some point I will probably read more of the books in the series.

      Delete