Friday, June 30, 2017

GURL!! Finish it!!! Week of 6/30/2017 or oopppss! This is a bit late...



Every Wednesday (oopps, I am a few days late on this one) I am going to update where I am at with reading or watching things. This is just a nice little feature for myself partially to have a record of stuff I have started, finished, read, watched, and all that business. I will also include a little bit of why I am reading it or watching that particular thing. Also it will help keep ME on track because I stop reading or watching stuff way too much, so this will help me hold tight to sticking with one darn thing. Anyone reading this also can hold me accountable on what I have been reading and if never moves to "Last Finished" or "Recently Finished" you can be like GURL!!! FINISH IT. 

Last Finished: On A Pale Horse by Piers Anthony


This is still the same as the last time because I got a bit caught up starting the next book and then realized I had library books checked out that I had to return before next year ;-) I am still keeping this here though as a reminder to read! 

Currently Reading: You Can't Touch My Hair by Phoebe Robinson,  Bearing an Hourglass by Piers Anthony and The Witching Hour by Anne Rice


Okay, My currently reading list is starting to expand a little bit to an uncomfortable place. I may have to put one of these books on the chopping block (Looking at you Anne Rice with your over thousand pages). I still plan on reading and finishing the Piers Anthony book, but I recognized that I had a library book out that I wanted to finish really badly. This would be the Phoebe Robinson book. I am in a phase of my life where I am finding I really want socially conscious books. Is that a genre? If not someone should totally make it one. I want to read books with an important message or that tries to teach us something about life or ourselves in the process of being just a good book. Phoebe Robinson's book fits into that socially conscious category for me, so I want to read it, no devour it before it is due back. 

Currently Watching: "The Handmaid's Tale" & "Steven Universe" on Hulu


I am plugging away at "Steven Universe", but it is slow going because I don't like to marathon the show since they don't get added often to Hulu. It can take a bit to see the shows from Cartoon Network on there, so I take my time. Even with that I only have about 6 episodes left before I am finished with season 3 of that show.

I have become so enamored with the world of "The Handmaid's Tale" I have started watching the series that was produced for Hulu. I have already watched the first two episodes. Due to the content it is not a show that I can watch very quickly. I watched episode one five days ago and did not watch the second episode until yesterday. I have to put time between the episodes. The content stirs up a lot of emotions in me, but I am enjoying the acting (especially of Elisabeth Moss) and the little changes and additions that this series has made on the book. I will be reviewing this series as I progress through it. I am not sure if I will wait until I am all the way finished with it to start posting the reviews of the episodes or if I will post them as I go along with the first two coming up sooner rather than later since I already watched. When you see the reviews you will know. 

Recently Finished: "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" Season 3 and "Dear White People" season 1


These are still the most recent completed series that I have finished up with currently. I will eventually rewatch and review "Dear White People" for the blog because it fits my topic conversations. "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" I will never review and that is because it needs to stay a fun watch for me with no ties to anything outside of just enjoying the series.


P.S. You will notice that I am updating the blog here and there. This is because I am trying to move the blog towards being more professional, but also towards the direction that I want for this blog. I am incorporating elements that I like from other book bloggers, but at the same time finding my own place in this wonderful community. I am looking forward to growing and having anyone reading the blog currently going on that journey with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment