Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Currently Reading/Watching Feature and Update or doing my own darn thing now

Every Wednesday I am going to update where I am at with reading or watching things. This is just a nice little feature for myself partially to have a record of stuff I have started, finished, read, watched, and all that business. I will also include a little bit of why I am reading it or watching that particular thing. Also it will help keep ME on track because I stop reading or watching stuff way too much, so this will help me hold tight to sticking with one darn thing. Anyone reading this also can hold me accountable on what I have been reading and if never moves to "Last Finished" or "Recently Finished" you can be like GURL!!! FINISH IT. 

Currently Reading: On a Pale Horse by Piers Anthony and The Witching Hour by Anne Rice

The Piers Anthony book is because I sorta forced my partner to read "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood, so I was told that I had to read this. I started "The Witching Hour" because I have never read an Anne Rice book ever, in my entire 36 years of existence on this planet. This book is massive, so I bet it will be on my currently reading list for a bit. I am going to try though to finish this massive tome and when I do I am going to feel like I have accomplished my entire reading life, yes I may retire (kidding obvs). So far neither of these two books are bothering me on any substantial level, so nothing bad to report yet, but I am only roughly 50 pages into both of them thus there is a lot of room for potential crappage or goodness. 

Last Finished: The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

I won't go into too much details about this one because I intend to review it eventually on here after I start the Hulu series. 

Currently Watching: "Dear White People" on Netflix

I had heard of the controversy surrounding the trailer for this particular Netflix series, so I wanted to watch the first episode. That is all I intended to watch at the time, but I am now about halfway through the ten episode first season and finding myself intrigued by the overall message it is stating. I will go more into that once I finish it though.

Recently Finished: Almost done with KIMMY SCHMIDT????

I do not think I have actually finished a series in awhile. That is one of the reasons I want to start actually paying attention to my viewing habits ya'll because seriously I get about 3/4 done with a series and I go OH SOMETHING ELSE and never finish the darn thing I was already watching. The closest I always get is when the next season of Kimmy Schmidt comes out. I always marathon that and finish it way too quickly. There is just something about that bubbly effervescent personality that gets me to tune in every single time it drops.


1 comment:

  1. On a pale horse is a great place to start with him! I really like the book thats 2 after that one called "With a Tangled Skein". I just finished Harpy Thyme (also by Piers Anthony) and am waiting to get the next book from that series. Great to see you back !

    ReplyDelete