Sunday, July 30, 2017

The TO BE READ Tag


I liked doing the tag yesterday, so I wanted another tag for this weekend (since I did five books in three days for the Disney week thing). I wanted an easy going weekend.

My friend, Sarah, from Book Hooked Nook tagged me in this tag, so here it is!



Q1: How do you keep track of your To Be Read pile?

I have a small TBR on Goodreads, but for the most part I feel like I do not keep track. I just keep buying books with little or no to direction. I would say I do not keep track and just purchase books that I know I want to eventually read. I think keeping a more organized list would help me greatly in getting through my books, since I have massive amounts on shelves right now that are part of my TBR that are organized in no logical manner.

Q2: Is your To Be Read mostly print or E-books?

I am starting to move towards e-books slowly because I like having one place that holds all my books. It helps me to stay a bit organized in a manner that print books do not allow. I also find that I read quicker on e-books, so I am moving towards that. Right now though I definitely would say it is mostly print books though. About four or five bookshelves full of books I need to read. Yes, I have a book problem! I have to admit it here, but this will be the ONLY time!

Q3: How do you determine which book from your To Be Read to read next?

I tend to pick my next read based on where I am at in my reading. What type of book I want to read and what genre is speaking to me at that moment. My TBR has also been greatly effected by what I am doing on my blog as well, such as this last week I ended up reading more Disney books because I set that up as my theme for the week. It was great to do it though and I enjoyed it. It allowed for me to have a focus and drive to read a bit more in that particular thematic.

Q4: A book that has been on your To Be Read the longest?

I bought two books on the exact same day. Neither have I read. They have both been on my TBR the longest.


 Goldie Hawn's "A Lotus Grows in the Mud" and Gregory Maguire's "Wicked". These have both been on my TBR since pretty much publication. I believe I finally packed up the Goldie Hawn book and said I was getting rid of it because realistically I know I am never going to get around to reading it in this lifetime, but I simply could not do it with Wicked. I have to read this book eventually!

Q5: A book that you recently added to you To Be Read?


I saw a couple of reviews on other book blogs and I thought that it sounded like something that I would LOVE to read! The story involves magic and African culture. This is the synopsis from Amazon:

"Twelve-year-old Sunny lives in Nigeria, but she was born American. Her features are African, but she's albino. She's a terrific athlete, but can't go out into the sun to play soccer. There seems to be no place where she fits in. And then she discovers something amazing—she is a "free agent" with latent magical power. Soon she's part of a quartet of magic students, studying the visible and invisible, learning to change reality. But will it be enough to help them when they are asked to catch a career criminal who knows magic too?"

It just sounds like my type of book and something that I would greatly enjoy! I can't wait to get around to reading it.

Q6: A book on your To Be Read strictly because it has a beautiful cover?


While I do want to read this book, after I read the review, I initially added it because I was like OH THAT COVER! It was weeks later that I finally read the synopsis and went okay this is something I will eventually read. It was about to be removed because I realized I had impulsed TBRed it.

Q7: A book on your To Be Read that you never plan on actually reading?

Nope, sorry I want to read all the books. ALL OF THEM! I don't add them to my TBR without having at one point planning on reading them. I also pruned my list to make it more realistic to what I will eventually read on GR, so it has already been gone through to showcase what I will eventually read.

Q8: An unpublished book on your To Be Read that you're excited for?


I find that I love reading books about any type of diversity and this feels like a book that definitely would be appropriate for me to read. I think this book is going to speak greatly to the real life experiences of the African-American male experience, which is a perspective that I have not had a lot of contact with. I think this is going to be vital reading for me, even if it is a fictionalized book. I believe it will touch upon some very important themes.

Q9: A book on your To Be Read that everyone else has read but you?


I have heard so much about this book. I want to eventually read it, but I haven't yet. It always seems like people are saying "I read that already." I feel like an outcast for not having read this already. Am I even a book blogger? ;-)

Q10: A book on your To Be Read that everyone recommends to you?

People who know me recommend this book greatly to me. They say, "Cassie, this is a book that speaks to everything that you talk about and everything that you are interested in studying. READ IT!" and these people are lucky because right now it is the book that is winning for my #MakeMeRead readathon poll (which is here). I will be reading it then! I also moved this up because it appears that Angie Thomas is going to be a visiting professor on my local college campus.

Q11: A book on your To Be Read that you are DYING to read?


What is sad is there is NO reason for me not to have moved onto reading this, since it is already released. Hmm, maybe after the readathon I will go into this! I have heard such wonderful things about this book and how good it is. It incorporates elements of history, but it makes it also surrealistic. Also it has the Oprah seal of approval, which is good enough for me. ;-)

Q12: The number of books on you To Be Read?

My TBR on Goodreads is only 55 books, but that is because I pruned it by literally moving to one for my blog exclusively. It was easier than trying to make my old one work for me. It also was related to my transition, since I didn't want to have to change everything over and explain the transition to people.

If I added on my physical shelves I would probably be in the several hundred category. It might be time to read my own books and stop reading those that are either coming out or that are new. I keep hearing about new books and pushing off my own, even though they are books I really want to read as well. I may need an intervention soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment